C Programming Training
C is a programming language developed at “AT & T’s Bell Laboratories” of USA in 1972 and it was developed by Dennis Ritchie. Aim of the c language to design the UNIX operating system (which is used on many computers). C is a powerful programming language than other programming language. C Language spread beyond Bell Labs in very short period. In the late 1970′s C began to replace widespread well-known languages of that time like PL/I, ALGOL etc. Programmers began use C to write all sorts of programs. many organizations began applying their own versions of C with a subtle difference. This was a serious problem for system developers. To solve this issue, the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) formed a committee in 1983 to establish a standard definition of C. ANSI approved a version of C in 1989, which is known as ANSI C. With few suggestions, modern C compiler has the ability to adhere to this standard. ANSI C was then approved in 1990 by the ISO (International Standards Organization) .
C Language is named as C , why not something else. C language is so named because its predecessor Language was called B and The B programming language was developed by Ken Thompson of Bell Labs.
Now a day’s world of computer programming, there are many high-level languages to choose from, such as Pascal, BASIC, and Java. But C different from all these languages. This is due to its many desirable features. C is a robust language. C have rich set of built-in functions and operators can be used to write any complex logic program. The C language compiler have capabilities of combining low-level language with the features of a high-level language. Therefore, C Language is suitable for writing both system software as well as business packages & other software. Many compilers available in the market written in C Language
Advantages of C Language
• Program written in c is very efficient and fast. This is due to variety of data types and powerful operators. C program execution is many time faster than BASIC. This helps developers to save their valuable time.
• C is a more powerful and flexible language, which helps system developers to deliver complex tasks with ease. C also used for device driver programs for new device , word processors, graphics, spreadsheets, and even compilers for other languages.
• C is popular among professional and system programmers for programming, as a result, a wide variety of C compilers and helpful accessories are available.
• C Language is highly portable . This means that a C program written for one computer system (an IBM PC) can be run on another system (a DEC VAX system, perhaps) with little or no modification.
• C’s another striking feature is its ability to extend itself. A C program is a collection of various function supported by C library ( header files). We can also create own function and add to C Library These library functions can be reused in other applications by passing pieces of information to the functions, you can create useful, reusable code.
• Writing C program with user-defined functions(UDF) makes program more simple and easy to understand. Breaking a problem in terms of program debugging, maintenance and testing easier. http://www.educorporatebridge.com/technology/c-programming-training/